Tuesday, April 27, 2010

My fathers house, shines hard and bright.
It stands like a beacon, calling me in the night.

I guess I owe allot of things to my dad. Not least of which is a healthy appreciation of Bruce Springsteen =)

These photos are from a walk we talk together when I was visiting my parents near their home in Bundaberg. I'm not sure whether it was the light that was falling as the sun went down, the storm brewing overhead, the kind only found that close to the capricorn, or a combination of both, but I instinctively reached for my camera as i was heading out the door.

I felt sort of bad for possibly ruining this time we had together by shoving my lens in his face, but photography for me is a way of remembering and cherishing such times in my life, the times that may never come again even though you don't realise it at the time, and I hope he understood that.

Anyways, I'm so glad i did.

The sky and electricity in the air was pretty amazing. It was the best backdrop I could of hoped for to take photos of the person who has had such a big role in making me into the person I am. The person who I realise now, worked long hours at two jobs allot of my childhood, just so our family could have everything it needed.

I think these photos will mean allot to me for the rest of my life. I hope you like them.



















4 comments: